Saturday, January 31, 2015

Reader Interview: Book Blogger/Reviewer Lanie

Reader Profiles is where I'll speak to people about their reading habits. Face it, most authors seem only interested in speaking about writing. That's leaving out a huge portion of the publishing industry...



Lanie is a twenty something year old gal that hails from one of the original thirteen states. She loves all types of animals, cept for those that slither. She's raised and worked with handicapped dogs for most of her life—her parents were all about bringing home pups they found that needed loved. She's obviously a reader, which is why she recently created a blog all bout books. She loves having a blog because she gets to use her witty sense of humor, glittery pictures and dragons (yes, dragons!) to create reviews.


How often do you read? How fast do you read?

I normally read at least every other day, I like to take a break in between books so I can rest my eyes. I hate getting that tired eye feeling, totally detracts from the next book. I can usually knock out a book within a few hours if I like it, but if I dont that sucker will be sitting around for awhile.


Favorite authors?
My absolute favorite all time author is Karen Chance. I also really like Lili St. Crown, Savannah Morgan, Pippa DaCosta, G.A. Aiken, and Jaye Wells.


What are your preferred genres to read for fun? What genres will you NOT read, or dislike reading?

I always love to read Paranormal romances. Yes, I need that crazy monster thrown in to make a romance worth reading, haha. I also enjoy reading Urban Fantasy, and fantasy in general. I hate reading biographies for the most part, but that probably stems from school :). I will not read the horror genre or those that are simply mysteries—I always know what's going to happen next.


What influences your choice of book to read for fun?

Hmm, the biggest influence when it comes to what I'm reading is probably reviews. If I see a book with way too many positive reviews I usually steer clear of it, but at the same time if you've got a ton of bad reviews, I must know why. Crazy right? I have vision issues so I always tend to go for ebooks now, it's so much easier for me to read on my kindle than a hard copy. Serials are a big thing now, but honestly, if I see one I run for the hills. I don't like being strung along with snip its, I need the entire story at once.


What's the best book you've ever read?

About A Dragon by G.A. Aiken, hands down. The crazy females and humor matched with dragons totally works for me.


What's the worst book you've ever read?

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I've had more fun watching paint dry than reading that book.


What elements make a good story?

I think this actually varies from story to story, if not genre to genre. In some books, I need a really good mystery with a strong plot to keep me hooked. In other books, I'm just looking for some humor and action. The most important thing though is to always have a solid main character that's likable or at least funny. If your MC is iffy, your story is gonna fail no matter how great it is.


What makes you roll your eyes or groan in a story?

I totally roll my eyes when the good girl falls for the bad guy an they end up living happily ever after. This is so over done and most of the time it's not done well. The other thing is when there's so much description in a story that you forget what your actually reading about that's a groan, huff and skip page moment.


Ever watch movies based on books, or read a book because it's already been made into a movie?

I've watched tons of movies based on book and books based on movies an it's always an interesting experience.


Where do you like to read the most?

I like reading in the car, it's a great way to tune people out.





If you'd like to share your reading preferences, email Troglodad AT Gmail DOT COM for a set of questions or make your based on what you see above.

Come back soon for another interesting reader interview.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great interview. I can actually see her groan, huff and skip the page. LOL

Patches said...

Lanie is so funny, I never know what will come out of her mouth!!!
Great Interview!

Unknown said...

Completely forgot to include the link to Lani's blog:

Http://laniesbookthoughts.blogspot.com